1. He was born in 1962 in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada.
2. His mother was a homemaker and his father was an accountant.
3. He has three older siblings.
4. He dropped out of high school at age 15 to pursue a career in comedy.
5. He began his career as a stand-up comedian in Toronto.
6. He moved to Los Angeles in 1984 and landed his first major role in the film “Copper Mountain”.
7. He rose to fame in the early 1990s with his roles in “Ace Ventura: Pet Detective” and “The Mask”.
9. He has won two Golden Globe Awards and has been nominated for three Academy Awards.