1. Peter Fonda, the nonconformity symbol and star of "Simple Rider," passed away at his home in Los Angeles on Friday at 79 years old.
2. Fonda's family reported his demise in an explanation, saying he "died calmly on Friday morning, August 16, at his home in Los Angeles."
4. Fonda was most popular for his role as Wyatt in the 1969 film "Simple Rider," which he co-composed and co-delivered.
5. The film was a basic and business achievement, and helped cement Fonda's standing as a Hollywood radical.
6. Fonda likewise featured in such movies as "The Wild Heavenly Messengers" (1966), "The Excursion" (1967), "Ulee's Gold" (1997), and "3:10 to Yuma" (2007).
7. He was assigned a Foundation Grant for Best Entertainer for his exhibition in "Ulee's Gold."
8. Fonda was the child of Hollywood legend Henry Fonda and the sibling of entertainer Jane Fonda.
9. He was hitched multiple times and had three kids, including entertainer Bridget Fonda.
10. In his later years, Fonda turned into a frank backer for the authorization of Mary Jane.